설교일  :  2013.11.6
설교제목  :  사도행전 23:12-22[2]
성경구절  :  사도행전 23:12-22
설교자  :  염재현
설교내용

Acts Ch.23[2] ( gauC wed 20131106 )

23:12 And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. 그리고 낮이 되자, 어떤 유대인들이 단합하여 그들 스스로 저주로 맹세하여, 말하기를 그들이 바울을 죽일 때까지 먹지도 마시지도 않으리라, 고 하니라.
13. And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy.
그리고 이 음모를 꾸민 자들이 마흔 명이 넘으니라.
14. And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul. 그리고 그들이 수제사장들과 장로들에게 와서 말하기를, 우리가 바울을 죽일 때까지 아무것도 먹지 아니하겠노라고, 큰 저주를 두고 우리자신을 맹세 하였나이다, 라고 하니라.

➫ The radicals of both parties now formed a coalition to kill Paul. It was too bad he had eluded them before, but he would not escape next time. They swore it under oath. They set a seal upon their plot by vowing to go on a hunger strike until such time as Paul was dead. The conspiracy was strong, involving over forty very determined individuals. Little did they know that the Lord had just given Paul safe conduct to Rome. ( J. Phillips )

15. Now therefore ye with the council signify to the chief captain that he bring him down unto you to morrow, as though ye would enquire something more perfectly concerning him: and we, or ever he come near, are ready to kill him. 자 그러니 그 총지휘관에게 당신들이 그에 대해서 뭔가 더 자세히 알아보려고 하려는 듯이 하여, 내일 그가 바울을 당신들에게 데리고 내려오도록, 그 뜻을 공회와 함께 전하소서. 그러면 우리는 그가 접근하기 전에, 그를 죽일 준비가 되어있나이다, 라고 하니라.

16. And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul. 그리고 바울의 누이의 아들이 그들이 매복하고 기다린다는 이야기를 듣고, 그가 와서 성 안으로 들어와 바울에게 이야기 하니라.

✎ Phil.3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 참으로 의심할 여지없이 나는 모든 것을 셈하기를 손해로 여겼으니, 내 주 그리스도 예수를 알아가는 지식을 가장 뛰어난 것으로 여기기 위함이라. 그분을 위해서 나는 모든 것을 잃는 것을 견디었고, 오히려 그것들을 배설물로 여김은 내가 그리스도를 얻기 위함이요,

Rom.16:7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
내 친척이요 나와 함께 감옥에 갇혔던 안드로니고와 유니아에게 문안하라. 그들은 사도들 사이에 주목받던 사람들이니, 그들은 또한 나보다 앞서 그리스도 안에 있는 자들이니라.

17. Then Paul called one of the centurions unto him, and said, Bring this young man unto the chief captain: for he hath a certain thing to tell him. 그러자 바울은 백부장 중의 한 사람을 그에게로 불러, 말하기를, 이 젊은이를 총지휘관에게 데려가라, 이는 그가 그에게 할 말이 있노라, 고 하니라.

➫ Again Paul's status as a Roman citizen stood him in good stead. Although in custody, he was able to receive visitors, and his requests were handled deferentially by the centurions.

18. So he took him, and brought him to the chief captain, and said, Paul the prisoner called me unto him, and prayed me to bring this young man unto thee, who hath something to say unto thee. 그래서 그가 그를 그 총지휘관에게로 데리고 가서, 말하기를, 그 죄수, 바울이 나를 그에게로 불러, 나에게 청하기를, 당신에게 뭔가 이야기할 것이 있는 이 젊은이를 당신에게 데리고 가라, 고 하였나이다.
19. Then the chief captain took him by the hand, and went with him aside privately, and asked him, What is that thou hast to tell me?
그러자 그 총지휘관이 그의 손을 잡고, 은밀하게 그를 옆으로 데리고 가서, 그에게 묻기를, 네가 나에게 이야기하고자 하는 것이 무엇이냐? 고 하니라.

20. And he said, The Jews have agreed to desire thee that thou wouldest bring down Paul to morrow into the council, as though they would enquire somewhat of him more perfectly. 그러자 그가 말하기를, 유대인들이 그에 관해서 뭔가 더 자세하게 묻고자 하는 것처럼 해서 당신이 바울을 내일 공회로 데리고 오도록 당신에게 청하기를 합의하였나이다.
21. But do not thou yield unto them: for there lie in wait for him of them more than forty men, which have bound themselves with an oath, that they will neither eat nor drink till they have killed him: and now are they ready, looking for a promise from thee. 그러나 당신은 그들에게 넘어가지 마옵소서, 이는 마흔 명 이상의 그들이 그를 매복하여 기다리고 있는데, 그들이 그를 죽일 때까지, 그들 스스로 맹세하기를 먹지도 마시지도 않기로 했기 때문이니이다, 그리고 이제 그들은 당신이 약속하기를 고대하며, 대기하고 있나이다, 고 하니라.

22. So the chief captain then let the young man depart, and charged him, See thou tell no man that thou hast shewed these things to me.
그래서 그 때 그 총지휘관은 그 젊은이를 떠나게 하면서, 그에게 명하기를, 네가 나에게 이 일들을 밝힌 것을 아무에게도 이야기하지 말라, 고 하니라.

➫ Thus, simply and by natural processes, God often works out His will in the world. There is no need for Him to use supernatural means when natural ones will serve His purposes just as well. God delights to work behind the scenes. A storm of rain perhaps, a delay in a traffic jam, or a seemingly chance meeting and, often unknown to us some danger has been averted or some change of direction has been wrought in our lives. Omnipotence has His agents everywhere.