설교일  :  2007.2.11
설교제목  :  로마서 6장[2]
성경구절  :  로마서 6:11-14
설교자  :  염재현
설교내용

Romans Ch.6[2] (gauC bst 070211)

6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 예수 그리스도 안으로 침례를 받은 우리가 그분의 죽음 안으로 침례를 받은 줄을 너희가 알지 못하느냐?
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 이와 같이 너희도 너희 자신을 죄에 대하여는 참으로 죽은 자요, 하나님께 대하여는 예수 그리스도 우리 { 주} 를 통하여 산 자로 여길지어다.

Suppose a businessman were to say to his accountant, "What is the total sum needed to meet this month's payroll?" After some calculation his bookkeeper says, "Twenty thousand dollars, sir; but there's a balance of only five thousand dollars in the bank right now." Then the businessman pays a call on his banker, arranges for a loan of thirty thousand dollars, and calls his accountant and says, "You can now pass out the checks. The bank has more than covered the payroll." Presently the first employee calls at the office for his paycheck. "I am sorry," says the accountant, " I cannot let you have this check right now. The total payroll is twenty thousand dollars and there's only five thousand in the bank. Here you can look at the ledger and see for yourself." What would the accountant be failing to do? He would be failing to reckon, failing to take into account the fact that adequate provision had been made for far more than the need of the payroll. And, of course, by failing to reckon, he would be dishonoring his employer and would be putting himself in a false position. ( j p )

In the remaining verses of this chapter sin is set before us in two graphic illustrations. It is likened to an old monarch, but an old monarch who is now defeated; and it is likened to an old master, but an old master who is now deposed.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 그러므로 /너희는/ 죄로 하여금 너희의 죽을 몸 안에서 군림하지 못하게 하여 몸의 정욕 안에서 죄에게 순종하지 말고

As we think of our deliverance from the dominion of sin, we discover some principle.

1. There is a physical principle involved. Sin expresses itself through the organs of the body and through this channel reigns in both the natural man and the carnal man. Such a state of affairs, however, should not be characteristic of the believer; for his body is set free from th e reign of sin. In order to enjoy this victory, the believer must cooperate with God and determine that by God's grace sin shall not be sovereign.
Paul puts it this way in his letter to the Corinthians:
1Cor.9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 이기려고 애쓰는 자마다 모든 일에 절제하나니 이제 그들은 썩을 왕관을 얻고자 하되 우리는 썩지 아니할 왕관을 얻고자 하느니라.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air :
그러므로 내가 이와 같이 달리되 목표가 없는 것같이 하지 아니하고 또 이와 같이 싸우되 허공을 치는 자같이 하지 아니하며
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection : lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 오직 내가 내 몸을 억제하여 복종하게 함은 다른 사람들에게 /복음을/ 선포한 뒤에 어떤 방법으로든 내 자신이 버림을 받을까 염려함이로다.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin : but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 또한 너희 지체(肢體)를 불의의 도구로 죄에게 내어 주지 말며 오직 너희 자신을 죽은 자들로부터 살아난 자로서 하나님께 드리고 너희 지체를 의의 도구로 하나님께 드리라.

2. In addition to the physical principle, there is a moral principle involved. "Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin" (v.13a). Three great words in this chapter summarize the secret of making practical in the life the principles of victory. These words are "know," "reckon" and "yield." Paul tells us we are not to yield to sin. We are not to permit our eyes to look with lust, our ears to listen to gossip, our tongues to employ vileness and untruth. There has to be an act of the will in this regard, for as moral agents we are responsible for the use to which we put our bodily members.

3. Then there is a spiritual principle involved. It is not enough to make a resolution that the members will not be yielded to sin. Many people have tried this method of living, with little or no success; for victory does not rest ultimately upon our moral resolve but upon a spiritual principle. Notice the three steps involved in translating the principles into practice.
We must give in to God's will. "Yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God"(v.13b).
It is only as we give in to God that we have the victory. Think for a moment of a much misquoted verse from the book of James: "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (Jam.4:7). Quoted that way, this verse is simply not true. The devil is not going to flee from us; he is not the least bit afraid of us; he is more than a match for us. What the verse actually says is this:
Jam.4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 그러므로 너희는 너희 자신을 낮추어 하나님께 복종하라. 마귀를 대적하라. 그리하면 그가 너희에게서 도망하리라.
That is quite different. It is as we yield, as we submit to God, that we swing wide the door for the outpouring of His power. His spirit is resident in every believer; but only as we submit to Him does He liberate us form the shackles of sin.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you : for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 이는 너희가 율법 아래 있지 아니하고 은혜 아래 있으므로 죄가 너희를 지배하지 못할 것임이라.

4. The next spiritual principle is to get hold of God's Word. "For sin shall not have dominion over you" (v.14a)— that is God's Word.
We must get a firm grip on that :
Jn.8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 예수님께서 그들에게 대답하시되, 진실로 진실로 내가 너희에게 이르노니, 누구든지 죄를 짓는 자는 죄의 종이니라.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
그러므로 아들이 너희를 자유롭게 하면 너희가 참으로 자유롭게 되리라.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 이에 예수님께서 자기를 믿은 유대인들에게 이르시되, 너희가 내 말에 거하면 참으로 내 제자가 되고
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
진리를 알리니 이 진리가 너희를 자유롭게 하리라.